Re: Fascia Restoration

To: Perigee4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fascia Restoration
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:26:07 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> The fascia veneer is not quite perfect.  Some of the veneer delminated and
> some small pieces are missing.

   :-(   sounds like you have a job

>  Should I sand the top veneer off a reapply new (French walnut) veneer?  How
> do I do that?

I would say "Yes" to the first question.  As for your second question -There
was a "thread" on that on the Triumph list recently.  Are you on the list?  If
so, I suggest you query them.  I will post this to the list,  just in case.
Please let me know what happens.

>  A very good trick I found in getting the best poly urethane finish is to
> dilute it somewhat with mineral spirits and use nylon panty hose to apply
it.
>  Thining it allow  any "brush" strokes to flow out.
>  Jim Guterl

Good suggestion.  I also found that those foam "brushes" work well.  Thanks.

Art Kelly