Re: Origional color of door bracket?

To: "Dr. Robert Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: Origional color of door bracket?
From: Bob Otten <ottenr@clark.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:42:42 -0500
Cc: Robert Laing <roblaing@unixg.ubc.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dr. Robert Carley wrote:

> Robert Laing wrote:
>
> > I own a 76 TR6 and I'm trying to return it to its origional condition.
> > The car has been repainted before, but they painted over the bracket on
> > the inside of the door frame (on the body of the car).  This is the
> > bracket that the door closes with.  Is it supposed to be painted the same
> > color as the body, or is it supposed to be unpainted?
> >
> > Thank you for the info!
> >
> > Robert Laing
> > Richmond B.C. Canada
> > 1976 TR6
>
> Robert:
>
>   On my car, and on many photographs I have seen of restored cars, the door
> jam striker plate is left unpainted.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Robert:

I have a 73 TR-6 and it is also unpainted.  It is an aluninum color that
can rust.  I have only seen on most of the cars at the lovcal shows and
books non painted.  If you want it to look better try Mc Guires Metal
polish, it takes MANY applications but it willl look good.  DON'T
replace it with a Heritage replacement ppart it won't hold up.

Thanks

Bob
73 TR-6
TR-6RFUN VA