Tonneau Cover Down Strap/Snap (was Re: Tonneau Covers for TR6)

To: tr6guy@juno.com, wlsmith@idt.net
Subject: Tonneau Cover Down Strap/Snap (was Re: Tonneau Covers for TR6)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:24:34 EST
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-02-25 11:03:41 EST, you write (in answer to will smith):

> I don't know what year that Triumph put the snaps on the seats, but I can
>  say that I have owned two early 72s and one early 71 and all three had
>  the stud on the passenger seat for the tonneau covers.  The covers that
>  came with the car ( the original I recently purchased with a 73 date on
>  it) also had the strap to go to the seat.  Hope this helps a little.
>  Joe Burlein
>  72 TR-6

Joe, as far back as 1964, for sure.  When new my TR4 had the male "lift-the-
dot" fastener on the passenger seat and the down strap on the tonneau cover.
I'll wager this continued all the way through the TR6's.  (And I think the
odds are that the TR3's and pre '64 TR4's had it also - but that I don't KNOW
for sure).  BTW - the whole arrangement works rather well.   Cheers. :-)

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L (original owner)