Lucas Rules

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lucas Rules
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:47:20 -0600
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Lucas Lovers,
   How about another cheer for good old Lucas. My alternator bit the dust
finally this weekend. Not too bad considering I bought it back in 1977.
After a few call around town I located another one at Auto Zone for $69
(remanufactured) with a lifetime warranty. Shops don't realize what they are
getting into with those lifetime deals and me. Penny's has been supplying my
GT6 batteries since 1974. Then there is that lifetime front end alignment....
 but getting back to the alternator. The one I just replaced was $110 (new)
back in 77 so the new one is a real deal. 21 years out of an alternator is
pretty good in my book. Badmouth and blame Lucas all you want but I found
the usual culprit is the guy at the end of the tool.
  Now if only Clear Hooters stuff was as reliable.............
Still Charging,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L