Re: emissions in PA

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: emissions in PA
From: Todd.Harbold@astramerck.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:59:10 -0500

Jim and Ed,

I'll throw another $0.02 in here.

While there are no state-wide emissions standards in PA, there are special
emission regulations
in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh areas.  If you set up your plantation far
east of Lancaster,
you could find yourself in a zip code which would require emission testing.

The bad news - The test runs about $50 pass or fail.

The good news - Since your TR4A is a '66 you wouldn't be required to have the
inspection
which is only required on cars titled since 1975.

I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that my '74 Spit would not be
affected by the emission
regulations in Philly.  Of course my Spit is currently years away from being
road worthy, but that's
a whole other story.

Todd
Lining in the Philly area with a '74 Spit (FM10350U)

James,
There are no emission test standards for the keystone state.  When moving to the
State, you will have to obtain a PA title for the vehicle.  I got mine without
even producing the vehicle.  I wasn't sure of any cursery inspection, so....I
claimed the vehicle to be in disrepair (not driveable) and instead, produced the
clear title, and a photograph of the vin # or commission plate.  I was told that
I could bring in a photo or the actual vin plate.  Once you register the
vehicle, along with proof of insurance, an annual safety inspection is
required.  Living in Lancaster, the most important concern being your blinker
system -- you must notify the galloping buggies that your're giving way to them.
BTY to assist you in getting settled, the locals pronounce it as "lank-ister".
Best regards,
Ed Hamilton
'80 Spit