Re: Canvas & Mohair tops

To: hargrave@somtel.com
Subject: Re: Canvas & Mohair tops
From: Jochen.Saal@t-online.de (Jochen Saal)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 22:07:15 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Herb,

the top you've seen might be a mohair top which looks really great. The mohair
is approximately 30-40% more expensive than the canvas but has a much better
quality. Mohair tops are used by Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, and many other
modern cars. (Mercedes although for their 60's years modells). I know nothing
about the American convertibles, but I guess they use the same material.
However, the mohair stuff is very expensive, but I think it's worth to use it.
have my one for 4 years now and it still looks new.

Just my $0.02

Jochen Saal
Munich/Germany
'74 TR6