[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
From: MD.FEED@nwh.org
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:20:05 -0500

SUBJECT:Transmission replacement

I'm restoring a TR-6 1975 with an OD transmission.Rather than replace the OD
gear box,I
would like to install a standard nonOD gearbox. Will the 75 frame accept the
cross member
piece that is the standard piece for early {pre 73} gearbox mounts? This cross
mounting
piece is part # 211361 and has # 104086 bolted to it,which the rear extension
of the gear
box accepts. Later gearboxes whether OD or nonOD have three components
consisting of a
cross member piece,main mounting brackey, and auxiliary mounting bracket. I'm
hoping to
minimize the hassals of an OD. I hope there is an expert out there.

Dennis 75 TR-6