Re: 'Life at Triumph'

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: 'Life at Triumph'
From: Mark West <mawest@kanservu.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 08:54:05 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 12:46 AM 2/23/98 -0000, you wrote:

>Hi, listers
>Probably breaking the rules of our illustrious list maintainers who provide
>such a wonderful service - but just to let you know I uploaded two new
>stories to the website an hour ago. The site is now split but you'll get to
>the 'newbies' by clicking on the index link on the home page.
>I'm planning trips to London and Coventry in the near future - with a
>camera! Does anyone out there have a particular need or interest in
>specific pictures of a Triumph nature? I'll be happy to oblige if I can.
>I'm also planning a visit to British Motor Heritage in May for the 75th
>Anniversary Beanfeast. It's only just up the road - like about 10 miles
>away. What should I be looking out for in the interests of those who can't
>attend? Free cars will come to me first! I'll decide how and who to
>re-distribute to thereafter.
>Cheers
>John Macartney
>
>Just a few notes on your trip,Plan on spending at least  four hours at the
BMH Museum as there are quite a few displays.Also Plan on taking a lot of
film with you.I have been there a few times and although I'm only 23 I
enjoyed it tremendously.You can feel the history.

You might want to go to the Standard Triumph Club (PUB) one night while you
are in Coventry,If you go ask for Scotty Brian at the door and tell him
Mark from Canada sent you he'd be sure to show you a good time.He's kind of
my uncle and is the treasurer of the club.It's kind of a shame that the
little pub is all that is left of the factory as the rest is now a shopping
development.Any taxi driver will know where it is.If you go send him my
regards.

Anyway I hope you have a great trip.

Mark
'76 TR7