promised i'd ask

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: promised i'd ask
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:44:43 PST
A friend of mine, actually it's the guy who helps me wrench on cars,
found a 1978 TR-7 for sale relatively locally, closer than my spit.  the
guy claims it's a complete parts car, (so some of the parts are in the
trunk i guess don't know)  he's asking for 500 for the car, but
according to his other half would probably go as low as 300 to get it
out of the yard.  question, is there anything in particular to look for
if we go to see the car? IE where do the 7's tend to rust the most, what
if any mechanical problems are these prone to that seem to be unique to
that model.  haven't talked to the guy who owns it currently, and i
promised i would ask you all if my buddy is getting into something
deeper than he would like.  I don't have a problem letting him store and
work on it here, he does that now with a couple other cars.  anyone out
there with a 7 that can help?  or are we just wasting time?

personally i like the 3's.

larry,
1979 spitfire  #FM99248U currently several shades of overspray

50 thousand driveway miles, at least it seems that way from pushing it
around.

NOW ON THE WEB at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311 drop
a line and sign the guest book.