gt 6, tr 3

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: gt 6, tr 3
From: "H ja M Silfvast" <masilfv@nettilinja.fi>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 10:28:39 +0200
 > I want to restore a triumph gt 6 MK 1 or Mk 2
> or  TR 3 A
> Can anyone help me to find an orginal gt 6 or tr 3 for restoration.
>
> Matti Silfvast
> Finland
>
> Triumph Spitfire 1963 fully restored
> Morrin Mini 1000 1971 fully restored with org. tuningsparts

Joe Curry wrote:

While there, please submit details on your '63 Spit.  I only hava one or
two cars from Finland listed at this time and encourage you to spread
the word about this project.

Regards,
Joe Curry

My Spitfire 1963
History: I had a Spitfire ( 1967 ) in beginning of 70th. When I got
married, my family grew, I had to change to the bigger car.
In 1988 I saw an announce of spitfire and I bought it.
The body of this car was restored in England and the restorationwork was
"terrible" ( welding).
I opened all welded joints, changed all worn parts ( joints, bearings,
bushes, electrical parts and. so on )
so that the car is technical as new.
I  make the finishing of the body with the tin, not with the plastic body
filler.
In 1991 the car got the finnish certificate of the historic vehicle ( car
).
This winter i have continued the restoration so that I will change the
painting of the car to the right
colourshade. The car was " british racing green" , one of the thousand
b.r.g. I will repaint it to the right colour ( conifer )
The chassis number 10325

 I´m interest to get informations of other Spitfires 1963

Rgs

Matti