TR6 wiring question

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 wiring question
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:19:46 -0700
Lex Garey wrote:
<snip>
My '74 has the plug in the cap on the rack.  Attached under this plug
(which is removed to grease the rack) are 2 wires.  What are these
wires for?  I saw (in the Autobooks manual) it called a "bonding strap".

Does that mean it's grounding the rack?  Why?  Why 2 wires?
Thanks.

These two wires are grounds for the headlights and the oil pressure
switch. In addition to this ground the headlights are also grounded to
the front valance. I think this is the only redundant system that Lucas
ever built and I'm sure it was accidental.
Some of the later wiring diagrams indicate these return grounds with a B
(black) on the ground side of the circuit.