Spitfire Mk1 Seat Frames

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Mk1 Seat Frames
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 22:16:32 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
This is an update to my earlier post about the differences between
the Spitfire Mk1 and Mk2 seat frames.  I currently have in my
possesion 2 passenger seat frames and 1 driver seat frame known to be
from Mk1's.  I have a driver and passenger seat frame known to be
from a Mk2.  There is a difference on the bottom portion of the frame
from the Mk1 to the 2.  Something like a little dip in the frame for
the Mk2.   Well monday that theory was blown away.  I recieved 2 seat
cushions and a driver seat frame that are most definitely from a Mk1.

Well, this frame looks just like the ones that came out of the
Mk2's!!!  Now my current theory is, just prior to the introduction of
the Mk2, Triumph started making the anticipated changes to parts and
used some of them on the Mk1's.  If any one has any thoughts on this
I would love to hear them.  I guess nothing is ever as it appears!!

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)