Re: Stuff to do at a funkhana

To: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stuff to do at a funkhana
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:01:59 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave Fain wrote:

> I am on the organizing committee for a LBC event.  The
> person handling the funkhana asked for suggestions on
> activities.  Here are some that come to mind:
>
> Fanbelt toss.  Passenger and/or driver throw fanbelts
> at a traffic cone.  Some of the committee members work
> for Gates Rubber so we have this one covered.
> Circle the cone.  Driver makes a 360 degree circuit around
> a cone while the passenger holds on to a string attached
> to the cone.  Team loses points for knocking over the cone
> or falling out of the car.
> Sparkplug swap.  Driver parks between two tables.  Driver and
> passenger jump out, remove the spark plugs from a cylinder
> head on the table, then run around the car and re-install
> the plugs in the other head, properly torqued.
>
> What have you seen or done in a funkhana that you thought
> was fun or interesting?  Please email me directly with
> a copy to the list.  Thanks in advance.
> Dave Fain
> KC3565L@sprintmail.com

Last year at Ft. Worth there was a blind folded driver event with a non
blind folded passenger guiding the driver through a obstacle course while
throwing rings over cones.  This was a good challenge for testing
communication and listening skills.

I wouldn't think of bragging but Bill Wood and I won first place in this
one.

Joe Worsley
80 TR8
72 TR6