Major Spit surgery--GT6 engine implant?

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Major Spit surgery--GT6 engine implant?
From: bugeye59@kingsnet.com
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:35:06 -0800
Listers,
If any of you have any experience with transplanting a GT6 engine into a
Mk 2 Spitfire, I would love to hear from you!
Some specific questions:
1--I have a '67 Spit and a '67 GT6; will all frame mounts, engine/trans
mounts, rear end, etc. bolt in to the Spitfire?
2--Is the GT6 engine just a smaller-bore version of the TR6?  If so,
would induction/exhaust systems bolt on?
3--Am I crazy for doing this?  (Before you answer, see my signature
line--I don't want to have to go through THAT again!)
Thanks in advance for any advice or tips!
--
Harris
'59 Bugeye Sprite (Buick V6 powered!)