Re: old TR manuals

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>, <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: old TR manuals
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:44:24 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Ken and Andy,

I picked them up today and I'm sorry to say that it's a Spare Parts
Manual Part No. 506533 after all. It really is in great shape, with the
cardboard cover being discolored and slightly worn. There is also SPM's
for the Herald (# 508073) and the Vitesse (#511408) range in pretty
good shape. The Fast Moving Parts book is circa 1972, and was well used
in it's day. It's a mess, the binder is shot, pages tattered. It has a
whole bunch of tabbed sections that look like they never had any pages.
It does have a listing of Competition parts, #'s and prices. The
Triumph Master Price List is dated 5/25/70 and if in fair shape on the
binder and great shape on the pages. There is an MG Magnette Service
Parts List and a Hillman Minx, Husky and Cob Service Manual in very
good shape as well. The guy wants me to take the best offer on any or
all of these. He sold off the TR workshop manuals on his own a while
back.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net

----------
> From: Gano, Ken <kengano@advant.com>
> To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
> Subject: Re: old TR manuals
> Date: Tuesday, February 17, 1998 11:44 PM
>
>     Best offer is tough.  I recently spent two days copying and
mailing out
> a bunch of similar material to other folks at no charge.  Yesterday a
fellow
> in Kentucky offered me this particular manual for $53.00, f.o.b.
Illinois.
> I really don't know what's fair.  See if $25.00 will buy it.  I'd be
> thrilled at something like that.
>
>     I have a Spare Parts Manual (sorry the part # is at the office)
and am