Radiator pellets

To: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Subject: Radiator pellets
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:31:24 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe,

At 20:17 17/02/98 -0800, you wrote:

>GM now specifies a selant # 3634621 (pellets)be used when replacing the
>coolant.  This won't stop leaks but it might prevent some of the small
>ones that crop up.  It is to be put in the radiator only not the recovery
>tank. It may be the same as the little black pellets that have been on
>the market in glass jars for years.

I avoid these funny additives, for fear of damaging the waterpump or
blocking a passageway, or something. (I'm even more suspicious of the oil
additives for stopping leaks, smoke, etc.)

However, it would be nice to have that extra security in the head gasket
seal. Has anyone seen the inside of an engine after using these products?

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia