Re: Storage question

To: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Subject: Re: Storage question
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 12:19:41 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
TIA,

At 18:35 17/02/98 -0600, you wrote:
>    I posted this a couple of days ago and got no responses, so here goes
>again.

I guess you didn't get/see my partial reply. There is a product called
"storage oil", which I've seen advertised in Triumph World and/or Classic
Car. I think Duckham's makes it, but there's probably others.

As for the rust, you could over-spray the dried rust-converter with Waxoyl
or Fish Oil, so that no more moisture gets into the metal before you're
ready to get serious about the restoration. (Despite the promise on the can,
Fish Oil smells, but only for a couple of weeks.)

I make these recommendations without actual experience, but I wish I'd done
it to my car while it sat in the garage for 5 years. Please get other opinions.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia