Storage question

To: "triumphs mail list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Storage question
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:35:58 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
    I posted this a couple of days ago and got no responses, so here goes
again.

    I recently acquired a '59 Model 10 Sedan.  For various reasons, not the
least of which is a pending TR3 project, it will be 1 to 2 years before I
can get serious about the 10.  It's in dry storage, and I'll be willing to
take a day or so to insure it doesn't deteriorate further or the engine
seize, etc..

    I assume I need to drain the oil, refill with a good detergent oil, turn
the engine over enough to circulate the new oil, drain the fuel, refill with
"stabilized" (i. e. Sta-Bil or similar product) gas, etc.

    I would like to throw some cheap rust converter and anything else that
would help.  Anyone out there got a checklist of things that would help
preserve it without getting into great amounts of time and / or money?

TIA

kengano@advant.com
1959 TR3A TS57756
1959 Model 10 Sedan TBE9239LDLB