re: TR6 steering rack mount conversion

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: TR6 steering rack mount conversion
From: cpoulin@i2020.net (Chuck Poulin)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 08:33:22 -0500
I didn't use their conversion, cause at the time, I was "very price
conscious and there was a local junk yard with a couple of TR4's, which
is where the parts come from.

I did though install the aluminum mounts in my 74 TR6, in the late 80's,
and along with a complete suspension rebuild, the car handles almost as
good as my 91 Civic SI.

There has been talk as to whether the conversion will make your car more
prone to steering rack damage.  All I can say, is that the tires on the
car, Goodyear Eagle GT's @ 205 70R15, have worn out almost perfectly
even, unlike all my earlier tires.

Of course, since poly steering rack bushings are now available, I
probably would try them first.

Chuck Poulin

--
 http://websites.i2020.net/~webdeb/   //\