Re: Problems after storing car

To: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: Problems after storing car
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:35:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John Middlesworth wrote:

> My TR4A has been in a barn for the past four months.  I
> started it once during that time.  Starting it yesterday,
> it seemed to be a different car: it wouldn't idle (RPMs
> too low) and the oil pressure was low, between 10
> and 40 PSI (at 3000 rpms) on a rebuilt engine.  Here
> are the possibilities

Was it very cold before you started the car?  If you are
using 20W50 oil, and it is below about 40F outside, the
oil is thick enough to have trouble getting through the
filter, and causing a lack of oil pressure.

--ken
'70 & '74 TR6 Daily Drivers

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com