TR6 Webers / manifolds

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Webers / manifolds
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:48:30 -0600
Cc: turner@turner.se
Comments: Authenticated sender is <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Adam Turner wrote:

> I've managed to secure an original CP 150bhp head for my TR6
> (being a Brit does have its advantages). The head's now in
> for porting, skimming and all that jazz.

> I'm going to fit triple webers and a PI sport exhaust. My
> question is, will Richard Good's manifolds fit, or do they
> work only for the stateside casting?

Haven't seen an answer to Adam's question yet, but as far as I
know Richard Good (GoodParts)'s intake manifold is for triple
Strombergs - not Webers.

And I'm curious about the "150bhp head". It's my understanding
that the output of the FI Sixes was 150bhp and that the
compression ratio of these cars was higher than carbureted
models, but what else is different/better/worse about the head
from an FI car other than its thickness?

Jim Hill
Madison WI