British Parts NW Advice

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: British Parts NW Advice
From: Shawn Mann <shawmon@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 02:04:41 -0500
Listers,

As some of you know, I brought home a TR6 at the beginning of the week.
Although it's a a solid one owner, California car, it has been stored
for over ten years, and as such, needs lots of hydraulic rebuild stuff,
and cosmetics: notably new top, crash pads, carpet set, etc...  I saw
the February sale ad for British Parts Northwest in the February
Hemmings.  Of those that have actually done business with this company
(versus someone who has a friend who's brother drives a TR who heard at
a swapmeet :-]), what are your opinions about their general quality??
Many of the sale items are either things I need right away or are items
that will save me substantially at the sale price, and that I'll need in
the next few months anyway.  Right now, price is a very important factor
in my attempts to get the 6 running and looking good, but I don't want
to buy junk.  In the case of interior fitments, I already know the
general consensus on the differing qualities of the Big 3 carpet kits
and tops.  It's important to understand that good/decent quality is
sufficient, and I'm not entirely concerned with authenticity.

TIA

1970 TR6
ex-1979 Spitfire (sold today)