Spit Ignition Switch

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit Ignition Switch
From: otmc@bc1.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 15:58:55 +0000
I am trying to diagnose out a problem with the ignition switch on my
80 Spit. I got in this aft to come home from the grocery store
put the keys in and went to crank it over. Nothing happened, but
I noticed the dash lights on. I took the keys out and the dash
lights stayed on. I pulled the switch from the steering column, and
tried cranking it over with a screwdriver in the slot in the switch.
Still nothing. I managed to start it by shorting out 2 of the
contacts on the back of the switch with the screwdriver and drove
home. I would like to apologize to the list for my recent spate of
questions, they will lessen once my Haynes manual arrives. Thank you
to all.

Mark Milotay

Desperately searching for those damn wiring marmots.