Thanks plus TR6 body question

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thanks plus TR6 body question
From: "Eric Bachman" <ebachman@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 12:31:42 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
First off, a hearty thanks to the list.  I have mostly been a lurker,
pitching in my $0.02 when I can, but received much from it, both technical
and for entertainment.  The TR6 was purchased about 10 years ago for $500,
running but barely.  I kept it running until the camshaft snapped in two, a
feat yet unheard of on the list.  I had to go in through the distributor
hole with a reciprocating saw and cut the camshaft in 3" long pieces to get
it out.

It sat for six years, until I stumbled onto the list.  Hearing about the
endeavors of others to restore their Triumphs has motivated me to start the
resurrection.

There was not a piece of sheet metal on the car that was not rusted or
dented, not to mention botched patch jobs by the DPO.  Having had everything
off the car, fenders, doors, hood and trunk, I am now tasked with the
enjoyable task of reinstalling and realigning everything to get ready for
painting.  Is there a preferred way to do this?  Start at the front and work
back i.e. hood first then front fender, door, rear fender, trunk?  Or is it
simply trial and error to get the best overall fit, tweaking a piece here
and there until everything fits as best as possible?  Any input is
appreciated.

Eric Bachman
'73 TR6 CF8980 Hopefully on the road by spring

"Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement."