1500 Saga: conclusion?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1500 Saga: conclusion?
From: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 00:29:12 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello Everyone!

Ok, I'm pretty happy with myself.  As of tonite, the entire bottom end of my
engine is rebuilt, from flywheel to timing cover!  The only mishap I had
was, after I got done torquing the oil pan to the bottom of the engine
block, it occured to me, in all my zeal to finish, that I had used the 20
ft.lb. torque setting for the oil sump on the OIL PUMP....Oyyy...I
thought...  Visions of my oil pump freezing up on my first run ran
nightmarishly through my head! So, without hesitation, I rolled the engine
over again, and unbolted all those nicely torqued oil pan bolts, feverishly
trying to get at the over torqued pump....

Well, I retorqued that oil pump, retorqued the pan, and like some idyllic
dream, my pretty little black and red motor sits before me.

Now to figure out that damned head problem...
Will
"What's the point in livin' unless you're living wild?"