Re: TR5 PI Maintenance

To: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Subject: Re: TR5 PI Maintenance
From: Irwin Armstrong <armstrong@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 23:27:17 +0000
Cc: triumph digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I have a TR6 with PI in the UK

I understand that they may not run for long without leaded fuel but
there are additives to compensate and that it is not a simple matter to
bolt PI onto a standard petrol engine.

As regards general running I had a lot of problems at the beginning but
having replaced the Lucas pump with a Bosch and reset the metering unit
(not as difficult as some would have you believe) and balanced the air
in-take - it goes like a dream.

Irwin Armstrong
Northern Ireland