Re: Shiny tires

To: Corey Stringer <stringe9@pilot.msu.edu>
Subject: Re: Shiny tires
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 11:43:07 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Corey:

You are quite right.  I made an extensive study of products of this nature
and found that Armorall is not a good thing to use on tires and vinyl
because it can seriously degrade the UV protectants built in to the
material.  I use a product called Black Again which gives a very good
appearance without the slimy sticky look of Armorall and which has UV
protectants in its formulation.  It appears to enhance and protect not
degrade.  I have used it on vinyl roofs with good results.  It also
contains a wax which prevents the dirt collecting so typical of Armorall
and Son of a Gun etc.

John