Re: SuperTrapps [was Smog II]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SuperTrapps [was Smog II]
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 00:38:01 -0500 (EST)
Shane,

FWIW, When I first got my TR3A I thought the procedure was get a smog
certificate, then go register it.  (I'm relatively new to CA, too).  I went
to a local shop, and the mechanic, who didn't know what a Triumph was, came
out with some book and said that the K/N Air filters were non-standard and
wouldn't pass.  He wanted them to be a single unit.  Luckily the boss
discovered that the car was much too old to require smogging before I got
in too deep, but apparantly they have their ways to know what's original
and what's not.   Don't know what SuperTrapps is or if it applies.

Bob