Re: Rust! was 1965 Herald Advice needed...

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK, amace@unix2.nysed.gov, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rust! was 1965 Herald Advice needed...
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:57:31 EST
In a message dated 13/02/98  09:00:03, you write:

<< Subj:         Re: Rust! was 1965 Herald Advice needed...
 Date:  13/02/98  09:00:03
 From:  RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
 To:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com
 CC:    RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK, triumphs@autox.team.net,
amace@unix2.nysed.gov, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

 >been there, done that, had a rear outrigger fall off of our 13/60 estate
many
 >years ago, provided us with errrrr, entertaining handling!!!! Actually it
 >scared the shit outta me and the girlfriend, soon got the hang of steering
 >into
 >the arse-end(UK version) swing though when either braking or accelerating!!!
 >:-)

 >Basically the only place a Herald tends not to rot is the centre of the
bonnet
 >and boot lid, everywhere else is susceptible :-)
                                               ^^^
 Look!!! A smiley, Get a sense of Humour Leon,

I've got one thanks,but it just happens to be different from yours old man!
;-}

I happen to have 2 heralds, the  aforementioned estate(yes, very rusty!!!) and
a 1200 Saloon(Yes, the hum drum saloon, not the much more desirable
CONVERTIBLE!!!) which is part way through being rebuilt, that too is very
rusty but it has a lot of sentimental value, ie, the girlfriends first car!!!

Good!

 >Oh yes Mr. Jackson, of course, the Herald is the ONLY Triumph that rots,
none
 >of the others do.

 I NEVER said that!!!!

 >I'm sure everyone knows that. Therefore, I agree with you.
 >You are quite right, everyone should avoid Heralds like the plauge,

 And, I NEVER said THAT either!!! I actually enjoy driving a Herald as much as
 Spitfire thankyou!

Why give the impression that you think they are all rust buckets then ?
or did I mis-interpret that too ?

 >and rush
 >out and invest their hard earned pennies in lovely Spitfires like your
yellow
 >one!

 What, You mean my knackered MkIV, that I paid 200 quid for, has lasted me for
 over 4 years, and provided alot of enjoyment, Oh, sorry I can't afford to
spent
 30,000+ grand on a sodding rebuild, my humble appologises for being a
 peasant!!!

nb. Just because I chose to spend 30 grand+ (not 30,000 grand!) on my car,
does not necessarily mean that I could afford it !!!

>Naturally there is no absolutely NO rot on your Spitfire, just those special
>automatic self-lightening panelwork, as supplied by British Leyland in what
>year was it again ?

1973, thanks!

nb. that the last Herald, came off the production line in 1971.

>Please stick to Spitfires and leave those rusty old Heralds to enthusiats
like
>me and Andy to enjoy.

Oh, I wish I was an enthusiast like you!!!  What's up Leon, are you
pre-menstrual or something!!!

No, are you? ;-> Just joking, OK :-)

Sorry everyone else, bad morning!

Sorry everyone, including richard, Bad year !

Rich

ps, leon, stick to what YOU do best, plugging the TSSC!!!
ps, richard that was uncalled for.
and let's stop wasting listers bandwidth now,they're probably fed up with
this.

Leon