Re: Wood Dashes

To: miket@urgrgcc.edu
Subject: Re: Wood Dashes
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:17:02 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:CC7C4617005234750D071002CAC6D4B9> ^-illegal end of message identification
That's it, but there's more.

When carrying a passenger, one that you want to impress, you can
quite confidently pronounce "It's not let me down yet" followed by
fabled knocking of dash.  If the dash was plastic you would brake
down before you got back.  If it's wood then you can quite happily
boast about the car, until the cows come in and you will never
brake down.  That is the truth, it's not a superstition.  The
reason being, all marmots respond to the sound of real wood, and
are encouraged to scurry about fixing things before they break by
the sound of said wood.  They loath however the sound of plastic,
an will go to great length to stop you tapping.  Thus the easiest
answer is to chew through some coolant hoses, or ignition wires.

This happened with my Metro, an LBC with a plastic dash.  It was
hardly what you would call sports.  The only sporting thing about
it was how sporting the designers were to the tire manufactures.
250 quid a set, because there non standard.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot, knocking on wood not plastic