GT6: cough, wheeze, hack

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6: cough, wheeze, hack
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:07:06 -0500
My GT6 plight continues.  The car coughs and has very little response,
though it idles perfectly, and starts instantly.

Here's what I've eliminated (at least to my satisfaction): fuel, fuel
pump, filter,tank venting, points-cap-rotor-condensor, timing, valves,
compression, plugs, wires, coil, spark (and I'm probably leaving
something out).  Basically, I have eliminated everything but the carbs
themselves, so that's where I'm looking at the moment. Diaphragms are
OK; ditto the air balance and mixture.  Work with me on this one.

Thinking, "we'll, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the air
filters are bogged down," I pulled the filter box.  While running the
engine, during one of it's coughs ("PHUT!!"), I noticed a fine fuel mist
being expelled out both carbs.  Does this mean anything to anyone?

Still mystified ...

Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (possessed by Paula Jones)