re: TR6 Console

To: <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: TR6 Console
From: "Dave Gauthier" <Dave.Gauthier@nike.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 98 8:25:27 -0800
I have not used the TRF kit, though I once completely stripped and then
powder coated the console. I used primarily a sharp knife to cut off the
majority of the foam, then a wire brush on a bench grinder to clean it up.
Took maybe an hour.
-------------
Original Text
>From <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>, on 2/11/98 3:57 PM:
Fellow Listers,

I recently purchased the console recover kit from TRF and before I
started to replace it, I wanted to pole the list to see if anyone has
"been there and done that". I have general questions at this point, such
as:

How did you get the old covering off? Any special tips or gotcha's in
this job I should be looking out for? I was planning on using the 3M
upholstery adhesive to glue the new console on, is this ok or is there
something better?

TIA

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6