Re: 1965 Herald Advice needed...<Pine.SOL.3.91.980211211244.15872D-10000

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: 1965 Herald Advice needed...<Pine.SOL.3.91.980211211244.15872D-100000@unix2.nysed.gov>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:28:55 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: DuperSude@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>Funny you should mention the TR6 trailing arm mount syndrome as an
>example. One of the first places a Herald chassis tends to rust away is
>where the radius rod for the rear suspension mounts.

been there, done that, had a rear outrigger fall off of our 13/60 estate many
years ago, provided us with errrrr, entertaining handling!!!! Actually it
scared the shit outta me and the girlfriend, soon got the hang of steering into
the arse-end(UK version) swing though when either braking or accelerating!!!
:-)

Basically the only place a Herald tends not to rot is the centre of the bonnet
and boot lid, everywhere else is susceptible :-)

Rich