Side rails door alignment

To: Triumph Mail list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Side rails door alignment
From: Craig Smith <smi2685@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 21:13:43 -0500
Hello,

Got one for the group,
Purchased my 72 spit 2 years ago, rescued it from a dirt floor barn
where it had been hiding under various tools and a whole lot of empty
beer cans. I got it for the price of hauling off the junk that was on
top of it, so the price was right.

Problem was the bottom pan was being held together by the carpet !

When it was removed all that remained was AIR. New parts were purchased,
and installed along with the side rails. All are now welded and look
good, only problem is the doors don't seem to fit as well as they did. I
have thois fear that as the car sat without the side rails and no floor
pan that it sagged the body. The side streight metal strips were left
and not removed with the rails and pan. The body still had some support
even with the other stuff removed.

Anyone have a good way to reset the doors ?

Craig Smith