Re: Moral Support Needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Moral Support Needed
From: Rod Knox <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:38:51 -0800 (PST)
At 11:55 AM 2 / 11 / 98 -0600, you wrote:

>>A professional restorer checked out my TR2 this morning, and told me
>>that it is absolutely at the margin between "restorable at a cost far
>>exceeding the value of the finished project," and "basket case."

A friend of mine about 10 years ago wanted to off load his and his dad's
TR2s. I told him they would be worth at least $10,000 as a pair. ( 1 almost
original the other rebuilt frame up) He managed to get about $1500. My
point is keep your eyes open for a bargain while driving yours. Then when
you find the undervalued car, give your beater to your kids or Jane's kids.

I crashed the car I have now, several times, as a teenager playing
"Sterling Moss". It's in decent shape and will never be any better than
that. I kind of like it that way though, as I still sometimes like to see
how close to the edge of the road I can slide. Nutin like that adrenalin rush.

1967 TR4A - CT 67907 (The only newer car I ever purchased is the car in the
driveway.)