Brake drum heat

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake drum heat
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:23:39 +0000
Hello,
        There was a thread a short time ago about the best finish for brake
drums on a TR, sidescreen I think. More than one opinion leaned in favour
of no finish as painting would lead to a build up of heat, especially when
in heavy use. I don't think I agree with no coating at all, and I am sure
any of the products recommended including bar-b-que paint will work fine.
My concern is I have already had my front drums and back plates powder
coated. The car is far from ready to be tested, but will the thickness of
this method of coatinggive trouble when the time does come to fire up.??

John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
1964 Triumph 3TA 350cc (a little gem)
Trinity College
Dublin,
IRELAND.