SuperSpit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SuperSpit
From: "Will O'Brien" <hobrien@webos1.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 01:03:13 -0600
I told everyone before on the list about my project of fitting a smallblock
Ford V8 w/ Transmission and appropriate mods...
I'm still deciding on the transmission for SuperSpit.  Here are my options:

Ford FMX automatic transmission (got it with my engine.)
Ford AOD transmission (Ahh, Overdrive) Needs rebuild.
OR...(Drumroll here)
Borg Werner T18 Manual 4 speed Transmission.  Very Strong, Light, and New.
To use the manual I need to get a new clutch, a Flywheel for my engine, and
a Hydrolic Throwout Bearing.

This is what I'm working on finding out:
Gear Ratios for the T18,
The truth about various hydraulic throwout bearings.

I know it's not really LBC, but it will be... :)