rotation direction, 1500, timing--again...

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: rotation direction, 1500, timing--again...
From: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:49:43 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello everyone!

Here's a simple one:  What direction does the crank/cam rotate on the 1500?

Here's another one: I've been trying to set this timing up all night (Kent
cam, fast road, TH2) and am left confused. Ok, I'm at TDC, ie no 1 and 4 are
up. Now, intake valve at no. 1 should be all the way open/up, right?  I may
be relying too much on the dots on the new timing gear, but I can't get the
dot on the timing gear to even remotely line up with the line scratched on
the crank sprocket (which seems to be lined up correctly relative to TDC).
The dot on the new timing gear sits at about eight o'clock (or two o'clock
using the alternate dot 180 deg. around) with no. 1 intake open.

What am I missing here?

Will