Re: TR4 grab bar

To: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 grab bar
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:47:05 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Justin Wagner wrote:

> > But I notice that there's a hole in the metal part, right in the middle of
> > the grab handle (under glovebox-- aka the OS bar)
> >
> > Is there supposed to be a blanking plate behind it?  If so, is it chrome
> > or painted or what?  I can't spot anything in my manuals.
>
> Yes... there is supposed to be a formed metal plate back there...The
> ones I've seen for TR 4A, over the years, have been black, with a vinyle
> texture.  Not sure what TR 4's looked like.

Hmm.  I've got a metal plate already; on the crash-pad end of things.
It's got the vinyl texture paint on it... 3 screws attach it to the grab
handle.  But is there another metal plate fastened to the dashboard?

Anyone else with a TR4 metal dash got a hole right in front of your ring
finger?

I covered it up with veneer, and I probably won't buy a plate for it even
if I'm supposed to.

-Malcolm