Re: Seat Adjusters/Rails

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Seat Adjusters/Rails
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 21:48:27 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Brad Kahler wrote:

> I just installed my seat adjuster/rails in my Spitfire.  Before I
> installed them you could slide the individual runners back and forth
> pretty easily.  Once I bolted them down on top of the carpeting it
> takes an act a lot of yanking and pulling to get them to budge.  Did
> I do something wrong or might I be missing something?  The pictures
> that I've seen don't seem to show anything under them.  Can any one
> out there help?

I'm not too sure about earlier cars, but most Mk.IV and 1500 Spitfires
had a washer or two under each seat rail bolt. This would help raise them
up just a bit, rather than them tightening down too much over the carpet
and possibly bending just that wee bit (which might be causing the
binding you're experiencing). It's a thought....

--Andy