Re: Sheet Metal Books

To: drew@pixar.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sheet Metal Books
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 19:28:37 EST
In a message dated 09/02/98  16:09:43, you write:

<< Subj:         Re: Sheet Metal Books
 Date:  09/02/98  16:09:43
 From:  drew@pixar.com
 To:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com

 Thanks for the info Leon. I've ordered the Fournier books and depending
 on what they're like I might give the one you mentioned a try. You
 mentioned that this book was "An Osprey Restoration guide # 6". Did
 you ever get a look at the other books in the series?

 Drew

Well, yes there are lots of them, I'll have to look it up, but I only have two
because they are in expensive (for me!) hardback, and for some reason, my
Triumphs took all my money away from me !!!
However, I also have Book 4 "How to restore Paintwork" by Miles Wilkins, 1988.
and on the back of that book is advertised:
How to restore:
(1)Electrical and Ignition Systems
(2)Car Interiors
(3)Fibreglass Bodywork
(5)Wooden Body Framing
(6)Sheet Metal Bodywork
(7)Upholstery
(8)Classic Car Engines
(9)Chassis and Monocoque Bodywork
(10)Braking Systems
(11)Instruments
(12)Suspension and Steering
(13)Gearboxes and Axles
(14)With Metal Joining Techniques
(15)Fuel Systems and Carburettors
I'm pretty sure there are several more printed since 1988.
I'll check various publications and get back to you.
Later
Leon F Guyot