Break Preparation

To: dchilds@epri.com
Subject: Break Preparation
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 09:57:57 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave C. writes:
   < snip >
> There have been a lot of threads devoted to converting to silicone
> brake fluid
   < snip >
> My friend will be replacing everything except the metal brake lines.
> Right now this system is disassembled.  I was thinking of using
> compressed air and alcohol to initially clean the lines.  Then put the
> system together and pump a lot of silicone through it.  Will this
> work???
Dave,
Yep, that's exactly what I did, replaced everything. On my GT6 I Rebuilt
the master cylinder, used new wheel cylinders, rebuilt the front
calipers, didn't replace the hoses, but these were fairly new anyway,
but I used brake cleaner instead of alcohol.  Works like a charm.  Next
time I do the Spitfire, It's getting silicon fluid too!

--

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver),  70 Spitfire (project)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit), 73 Ford Courier (parts hauler,