Re: TR6 Brakes

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Brakes
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 22:14:00 -0700
Martin,

Not sure if this is the problem, or even a factor but, according to every
manual I've consulted, the proper sequence in bleeding the brakes is to
start with the brake furthest from the master cylinder - ie, the right
rear on a <underline>LHD</underline> car.  Next is the left rear, and
then right front, and ending at left front.  When I did mine, the PDWA
had to be re-centred, but it didn't cause any of the symptoms you're
describing with no pedal travel at the right rear.  Also, don't know if
your flexible brake lines have been replaced recently, but  - especially
if they're original (as mine were) - it has been strongly recommended to
do so.  Apparently the interior can degrade and cause problems that are
not apparent from the exterior.  Symptoms of that include brakes not
releasing because of the interior collapsing and not allowing fluid
movement.  Maybe it can happen in either direction.

Good luck,

Rod.   '70 TR6  CC55899L