Body and Paint rephrased

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Body and Paint rephrased
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 22:58:12 -0500
Thanks for the replies folks. I guess I wasn't entirely clear on what I
meant. OK so here it goes round two. I have seen a lot of TR6's paint crack
at the seam between the rear wings and the rear deck/deck extensions. My car
is going to need some work in this area. I have absolutely no intentions of
doing this work myself. I know when to say "Uncle"! The fellow that will be
doing the work seems to really know what he is doing. I am confident that he
will get the metal as close as possible without  using any filler  but I am
sure that some will be necessary. I really, if it is at all possible, want
to avoid paint cracks in this area. Its one of those seams that in my
opinion is critical for the overall appearance of the car. More important
than door gaps as far as I'm concerned.  Would it be a good idea to paint
the rear wings off the car perhaps?  Were they painted that way from the
factory?  Any suggestions?  Thanks to all if you have made it through this
rather winded message  Regards Craig Bentley