Chameleon Goodyear

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Chameleon Goodyear
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@kollmorgen.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 19:05:40 -0500
Listers,
I re-learned a valuable lesson today that burns me so much I thought I'd
try to get over it by sharing it so others might not get done the same
way.  You might have noticed an ad on the VTR classifieds for a guy in
Florida looking for Goodyear redlines, one tire at a time.  Well, I
bought my 76TR6 new with Goodyears and know I had a spare that was never
used.  With visions of dollar signs I went into the garage only to find
in the trunk that my Goodyear had magically turned into a Michelin X.
While I certainly can't prove it other small unique TR parts turned up
gone after I visited a TR mechanic in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex area
12 years ago.  I got a buck that says that hoser took my tire 12 years
ago thinking he had more of a right to it than I did.  Granted, he gave
me a virtually new Michelin but I still hope he rots in hell (sorry to
be vulgar)

I learned 12 years ago after first speculating how this guy literally
ripped me off to do most of the work myself. But, when I do have to use
a mechanic I checked the car close b4 I found a mechanic that I could
trust.

bye for now (and I feel better)

Tom Long

64TR4
68TR250
76TR6

ps...anyone want to buy a Michelin X redline