Re: FOS Needs Help

To: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@kollmorgen.com>
Subject: Re: FOS Needs Help
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:27:06 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Tom Long (IM) wrote:

> 1) I'm removing the screws that attach the body to the frame at the
> floor boards...AKA the four sill mounting areas.  Two screw heads are
> badly buggered up so that the 1/2" socket slips off.  I've thought of
> drilling them out but fear that once I go down this road I have lost
> other possible solutions.  Any ideas? Drill away?

Use a drill or dremel tool and make a dimple on some part of the screw.
After letting it sit with oil everywhere (liquid wrench for a few days at
least), use a punch- drift or center- and "unwind" the screw.

If you drill it out you risk having the bit wander and chew up the nut
threads.

I had to use a punch to remove the hoodstick screws (above b-post).  You
need to have a solid pounding surface though-- if you can, brace the back
with a big piece of wood so nothing goes wrong if you miss the punch.

Go slowly and patiently, and get out for a while when the fumes get to
you.

> BTW..I saw a Land Rover today while out getting donuts.  Do owners of
> those things have a BBC? (I think the liquid wrench fumes are getting to
> me!)

OK, you got me.  I thought a BBC was a method of broadcasting ;-)

What is it in this context?