FOS Needs Help

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FOS Needs Help
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@kollmorgen.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 16:02:22 -0500
Listers,
The disassembly of my TR250 (affectionately called by my wife: the
Ferric Oxide Special or FOS for short!) continues.  Encountered two
"opportunities" this afternoon and would appreciate reports from those
that have been there, done that and bought the tee-shirt.

1) I'm removing the screws that attach the body to the frame at the
floor boards...AKA the four sill mounting areas.  Two screw heads are
badly buggered up so that the 1/2" socket slips off.  I've thought of
drilling them out but fear that once I go down this road I have lost
other possible solutions.  Any ideas? Drill away?

2) I removed the door and though I'd never get the checkstrap released.
Specifically, the little rivet that secures the checkstrap to the door.
I finally drilled the rivet out from the bottom while standing on my
head and then used channel locks to squish the drilled out end.
Luckily, I'm doing a total restoration 'cause I'd hate to use that same
technique on my TR4 or TR6 if I had to replace the checkstrap on either.
 Any ideas on how to release the checkstrap from the door?

BTW..I saw a Land Rover today while out getting donuts.  Do owners of
those things have a BBC? (I think the liquid wrench fumes are getting to
me!)

bye for now

Tom Long

64TR4