Re: TR-3a

To: MICHAEL FRANCIS KUTKA <cpecod@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu>
Subject: Re: TR-3a
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:40:00 +0500 (EST)
Cc: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, MICHAEL FRANCIS KUTKA wrote:

> ...we received a manual which is for the 2 and 3 and was
> published in Rockdale (New South Wales) in 1959. The publisher is
> Scientific Magazines Publishing Co. of Sydney in association with The
> Standard Motor Company of Australia. Is this the most common manual
> encountered or an orphan from down under?

It's not the most common manual found in the U.S. (that would be either
the factory books or the Bentley manuals, most likely). I have a similar
manual covering the early Herald 948 models, which I have found at least
as useful as the "factory" manual from the home country. In fact, there
are some minor points covered better in the Australian manual.

If the one for TR is at all comparable to the one I have for the early
Heralds, it's definitely worth hanging onto and may cover just about all
your needs. I only wish they'd used a better quality of paper, as my copy
is getting quite yellowed and brittle.

--Andy