Re: Spit Database

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Database
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 12:17:36 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe,

I just dialed it up again. This time I got the photos for the hpyer
links. My previous attempts didn't show the photos on the home page. I
just assumed the site was still under construction.

All I can say is "Cool!". You've done a great job compiling the
information which should assist Spitfire owners for a long time. I'm
flattered you chose my car as the sample for Mk IV.

It's always been my feeling that the Spitfire has been a sorely
underated TRiumph. Over the years, many parts suppliers, and even other
TR owners have looked down, albeit ever so slightly, on "those cute
little cars". I think those feelings are starting to change. People are
starting to realize the Spitfire is a fun and lively car to drive. I
can't beat a TR6 in quarter-mile drag, but I've more than held my own
against larger TRs at VTR gathering autocrosses. Hell, who want's to
drive in a straight line anyway?

The model was produced for 18 years. You don't sustain that kind of
production run unless people are buying. Yes, they were cheap to buy,
and many buyers even considered them "disposable". Now, fortunately,
people are realizing they are worth restoring, modifying, and turning
into a "real" car.

Descending from my soap box,
Charlie B.