Junkyard Experiences

To: "triumphs mail list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Junkyard Experiences
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 07:59:28 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
    I've been following the thread on junkyards experiences.  Yesterday, I
had my own, although not LBC related.

    When the straight job needed a new filing system the options were mega
bucks for a new commercial system, cardboard boxes or a trip to the office
furniture junk yard.  Since I's da boss and your basic cheap skate, we opted
for the used file cabinet route.

    As I was standing out front, "the Man" came up.  I asked him "how much
for the file cabinets"  (four drawer)

    "$45.00"

    "I'll give ya $10.00 per working drawer"

    "Oh, you want some cheap, storage cabinets.  Come back here."

    He proceeded to point out a whole pile of seemingly similar cabinets and
told me to take my pick.  While they all look identical, he INSISTED on
pricing each one separately and adding sales tax when there should not have
been sales tax and not getting the math right.  Finally, I gave up trying to
keep up with the various prices and the running total.  At the end, I got
more than twice as many drawers for the same money I had offered when we
were standing looking at the front row merchandise.  I should have told him
"Load me up and give me a bill."  It would have saved about two hours worth
of haggling.  Of course, he would not have had the pleasure of feeling like
he had taken me and he was able to unloaded all the one-off's he had, but he
would have had twice as much money and I would have had my sanity.  Why
can't all business be so pure.

Kengano@advant.com